Thursday, December 25, 2008

merry christmas

Here it is - December 25th again. So far, it's going as planned and my son is a very happy little boy. That's all I care about anyway. When it was just Shawn and I, it didn't matter to me that what little family we had little if any contact with us. Now, I want things for my son that I cannot give him and that has been the thorn in my side this Christmas. I feel guilty for not working to keep relationships stronger with family and friends and I fear that fitting in here and making connections will be hard. I think Luke will do ok but Shawn and I carry so much baggage...it's hard to say if we will make friends and lead a closer to normal life here. Shawn has a lot of anger to work through and some deep trust issues that keep him from establishing and maintaining friendships. I usually make friends wherever I work and I'm not working right now so...I am planning on getting my son into pre-school though so maybe I'll have something in common with one of the other moms. (please, don't let them all be in their 20's!) Peace for now
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment