Wednesday, February 3, 2010

From Jan 23rd...



Here we are - a new year, a new start (seemingly). It hasn't been particularly good yet because I wrecked my car but I think things may look better after I get another one. I hate being without my own car. It is literally an extension of me - I drive a lot here because everything is so far from where I live. I bought that Chrysler in June of 2006 and it was mint for an old car and had unbelievably low mileage (21,000 on a 1997). It was my favorite color, purple and it was big enough to be quite comfortable and yet still got pretty good gas mileage. I simply cannot wrap my head around the fact that it's gone. I knew I liked my car and I was planning on keeping it at least a couple of more years but in an instant, it was gone.

The road conditions when it snows here are very differnet than Ohio. Back home I would hardly notice less thank an inch of snow but here it is ice on the road so when I put the brakes on (a little too firmly) - I lost control and wound up in a ditch after hitting a big drainage pipe and smashing up the front end, etc. Unfortunately due to the age of the car, it is worth less than the cost to repair it. Bummer.

Ok. Enough about the car, just had to get it off my chest. Oh yeah, I also re-fractured my left hip and strained my back so I have been in a lovely mood since the accident on Friday. On top of it all I have to drive my husband's car which I hate. It's a stick which is fine but 6 gears? Really? I'm too lazy to drive a standard anymore - I like to daydream when I drive not think about shifting...

And here's a pic (above) of our new family member, another Jack Russell Terrier named Tink.

No comments:

Post a Comment