Wednesday, December 16, 2009

christmas

It's nearly Christmas and for once I am both ready and excited though we may have gone a bit overboard...that's what it's all about! What is special this year is the fact that we have been here in Arkansas for a year now and we could not be happier. So much has changed (for the better)from when we were still in Ohio. We love the house and the property, we have 2 more dogs than we came here with that are part of the family, Luke is in school and doing great and I found this awesome job that I wasn't even looking for. It has been a good year!

I have also recently got into facebook and found all of my old friends from back in the day - though it makes me a little homesick, it also makes me feel connected, almost whole again since I have no friends or extended family here. Though I have been meeting some great people at work here, I find it hard to make any real connections (outside of my 3 immediate co-workers who are great).

Last night, Luke had his first school program and e videotaped the whole thing. It was adorable - all those pre-schoolers singing Christmas songs...too cute (and hysterical). As soon as I find the patience I will sit down and figure out how to get the footage transferred to my computer. This was the first time we really used the camcorder, I like to take pictures. Anyway, when I do I will post them so my family can see back home. I love new technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment