Saturday, March 14, 2009

been awhile


It's been quite a while since I had anything to say - we had an ice storm hit the day after Luke's birthday (Jan. 27) and we had no electricity for more than three weeks. I am just now (Mar. 14) starting to get it back together both emotionally and physically. The clean-up has been on-going and we have made significant progress but our beautiful woods look like a war zone. Nearly every single tree in our 13 acres of woods has snapped completely or partially from the weight of the ice. It was at least 2 inches thick on everything. 15,000 utility poles snapped in my small rural county alone! The storm took out our entire power grid. We had barely unpacked from the move from Ohio to our dream home and BAM - a big fat dose of reality. I expect nothing less anymore at this point in my life...at 42 I can still say that I have never had lasting happiness, security or comfort. (I know, boo hoo, right?) Yet, I still hope constantly that I can breathe easy one day and feel real peace.
It's so good to be back...namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment